Post by Siana Blackwood on Oct 8, 2014 18:21:59 GMT -6
NaNoFiMo was first set up by Pookel, a NaNoWriMo participant who imagined a place where everyone could finish their November novels in an encouraging and supportive environment. In 2011 Amy P. Reed set up this new site on ProBoards and it's been here ever since, so here are the rules of NaNoFiMo:
1. Your mission is to finish your NaNoWriMo novel or any other unfinished novel you might happen to have lying around.
2. The official goal is 30,000 words and writing 'the end' on your manuscript.
3. If your novel needs less than 30,000 words (or more!), you can also set your own personal goal. The most important thing is reaching the end.
4. All word-counting is based on the honour system, so when you report your total just tell us what your own word-processor is telling you.
5. Be nice. This is a friendly, all-ages site. No swearing, mature content or aggressive behaviour will be tolerated.
6. No, there won't be Personal Progress Threads. Instead, we have daily reporting. You can check the archives to see what this looks like.
If you have any questions about the rules, ask them in this thread or PM a staff member.
2011: How to Nuke Your Enemies (10,027/10,000) and Despair (70,070/70,000) 2012: The Frozen Tear - 120,236 / 120,000 (90,188 pre-December) 2013: Desolation + other - no official wordcount 2014: Hold the Necrosauce + I don't know what else (38,409 / 30,000) 2015:
Siana Blackwood: (The mistake was thinking, "Is hey hey hey part of a song somewhere?")
Dec 9, 2016 17:42:12 GMT -6
Evil Steve: What did I just watch
Dec 9, 2016 22:14:03 GMT -6
Evil Steve: why did I click that WHY DID I CLICK THAT
Dec 9, 2016 22:14:17 GMT -6
RJA: Slightly late, but yes, WHAT did I just watch? (and I even stopped listening to Christmas songs for it...)
Dec 13, 2016 17:08:04 GMT -6
Amy P. Reed: Okay, I just watched the video. Lol Actually, "hey, hey" is part of a song by The Monkeys. Unfortunately, there was one more 'hey' in this one. Lol
Dec 15, 2016 23:36:25 GMT -6
Evil Steve: What about hey, hey, you, you, get off of my cloud? Rolling Stones!
Dec 16, 2016 2:23:59 GMT -6
Amy P. Reed: LOL Okay, I accept your Rolling Stones reference. I'd forgotten about that song. I was more into the Monkeys (Davy Jones = Major YUM (back in the day)) than the Stones.
Dec 16, 2016 6:42:14 GMT -6
Amy P. Reed: Oh, by the way, the picture for my Avatar is Worf.
Dec 16, 2016 6:43:07 GMT -6
joyrachsis6: Hey, y'all! I just wanted to say hi...I beat NANOWRIMO this year, and I'm currently at 91k! Super excited to keep working on my book with you all!
Feb 6, 2017 17:26:56 GMT -6